The Alfresco Datalist Extensions for Share provide extended functionality like versioning of list items, comments, ID generation, support for long text, „frictionless upload & attach“, XLS export and filtering. All very helpful features when you are using it seriously at a certain scale. The original author Jan Pfitzner did not get the chance to migrate the code hosted at google. I took the challenge when he delegated a recent enquiry.
What I did
Even though build and version control where in place provided by ant and subversion, I migrated these to maven and git because I like the latter far better. I made the build generate extension artifacts you install just by dropping them into an appropriate folder. Jan did not fail do so originally. Version 3.4 just did not provide certain extension mechanisms. Overriding a Java backed webscript proved to be trickier than expected, but in general most of the code worked more or less unchanged. The challenge was to find the spots Jan
hacked tweaked. During the testing, we found that the richtext control does not quite work as expected when using a recent version of Firefox. I filed a JIRA issue and reverted to a plain text area. I think it should not take long until it gets fixed.
- Download the package below or follow the link to github and roll your own
- Stop tomcat
- Start tomat
Have fun !
PS: Thanks for supporting the effort, Jan !
Update Oktober, 8th: I updated the download package. The made the following changes:
- Changed filtering to use XPath instead of solr since solr is the default search subsystem and only „eventually consistent“
- Fixed „Activity Action Buttons missing“ bug
- Do not override XLS export webscript
Update January, 28th 2013:
The Alfresco 4.2. date bug is fixed. The updated 1.2 version of the extension seems to be working ok with Alfresco 4.2. It may still work with 4.0.
PPS: Solr based filtering is only commented out in
data.post.js so it is easy to switch back to a lucene based search if you like that better. Besides, implementing XPath based filtering proved to be harder than expected.